The Draft Rules of Manipur for the Industrial Relations Code (“Draft Rules”) has been notified in the gazette on 19 November 2021.
The Draft Rules upon coming into force shall extend to the whole state of Manipur and shall come into force on the date from the date of their final publication in the Official Gazette.
- Form I - (Memorandum of settlement arrived at during conciliation/ or settlement arrived at between the employer and his workers otherwise than in the course of conciliation proceeding [Rule 2]
- Form II - Notice of change of service conditions proposed by an employer [Rule 16]
- Form III - Agreement for voluntary arbitration [Rule 17]
- Form IV - (Authorization by a worker, group of worker, employer, group of employer to be represented in a proceeding before the authority under this Code [Rule 19, 39 & 40]
- Form V - Form of Oath of Office for Judicial Member or Administrative Member (whichever is applicable) of National Industrial Tribunal [Rule 20 & 21]
- Form VI - Application to be submitted before the Tribunal in the matter not settled by the Conciliation Officer [Rule 22]
- Form VII - Notice of Strike to be given by Union(Name of Union)/ Group of Workers [Rule 23]
- Form VIII - Notice of Lock-out to be given by an employer of an industrial establishment [Rule 24]
- Form IX - Notice of Intimation of Retrenchment/ Closure to be given by an employer to the appropriate Government under the provisions of Chapter IX of the Code and rules made thereunder [Rule 25 & 27]
- Form X - Application for permission of Lay-off/ Continuation of Lay-off/ Retrenchment/ Closure to be given by an employer / Industrial establishment /Undertaking to the appropriate Government under the provisions of Chapter X of the Code and rules made thereunder [Rule 28, 29, 31 & 33]
- Form XI - Notice to the Employer who committed an offence for the first time under this code, for compounding of offence under section 89(4) [Rule 36]
- Form XII - Complaint under Section 91 of the Code [Rule 38]
Manipur Adapts to the Central Rules: In the Draft Industrial Relations (Manipur) Rules, 2021 the rules 1-A to 42 of the Industrial Relations (Central) Rules, 2020 are adapted since anything to be prescribed by the Central Government and the State Government under the Industrial Relations Code, 2020 (No. 35 of 2020) are the same and the matters under section 99 of the said Code are the same. The rules 4 to 5 of the Draft Rules empower the State Government for the removal of difficulty in the interpretation and application of the rules in the Draft Rules and taking decision on the issue referred to it on the matters for which no expressed provision is made in the Draft Rules. The Draft Rules has no provision creating financial involvement of the State Government.