The Draft Rules of Gujarat for the Code on Wages (“Draft Rules”) has been notified in the gazette on 31 March 2021.
The Draft Rules upon coming into force shall extend to the whole of the State of Gujarat.
The Draft Rules upon coming into force shall repeal:
- The Payment of Wages (Procedure) Rules, 1937;
- The Gujarat Payment of Wages Rules, 1963;
- The Gujarat Payment of Wages (Unclaimed Amounts) Rules, 1963;
- The Gujarat Payment of Wages Deductions for National Defence Fund & Defence Savings Scheme) Rules, 1964;
- The Payment of Wages (Manner of recovery of excess deductions) Rules, 1967;
- The Gujarat Minimum of Wages Rules, 1961;
- The Ease of Compliance to Maintain Registers under various Labour Laws (Gujarat) Rules, 2017 to the extent these rules are made in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 26 of the Payment of Wages Act, 1948 and applicable accordingly.
- Form I - Register of Wages, Overtime, Fine, Deduction for damage and Loss [Rule 17 and 42 (1), (2) and (3)]
- Form II - Single Application u/s 45 (5) before the Authority appointed u/s 45(1) of the Code on Wages, 2019 [Rule 40]
- Form III - Appeal u/s 49(1) of the Code on Wages, 2019 before the Appellate Authority [Rule 41]
- Form IV – Employee Register [Rule 42(3)]
- Form V – Wage Slip [Rule 43]
- Form VI – Application u/s 56(4) for Composition of Offence [Rule 44]