The Government of Uttarakhand due to COVID 19 pandemic, has extended the working hours in factories related to essential commodities and pharmaceutical manufacturers up to 12 hours in a day. This notification will be effective for a period of 60 days from the date of issue.
The notification exempts the provisions of Section 51 (weekly hour), Section 54 (daily hour), Section 55 (rest interval) and Section 56 (spread-over hours) subject to following conditions:
- In all the industries mentioned above, work can be done in two shifts of twelve to twelve hours per day for a production unit.
- Four hours per day of overtime shall be paid according to the rules
- Workers working in both these units will work maximum days in a week, and the limit of overtime will be twenty-four hours per week.
- The extension of work will be determined in such a way that every worker will be given thirty minutes rest after six hours.
- Employees shall not be laid off by the employer during this period.
- The labour commissioner will ensure that the said emergency provisions are not used by any factory continuously.
This notification will remain in effect for sixty days from the date of issue and it will be automatically neutralised after the said period.
Online registration, renewal for factories in Puducherry
03 Jun, 2022The Chief Inspector office of Factories & Boilers, Puducherry has published a notification stating that the services for registration and renewal of licenses for the Factories under the Factories Act hereinafter are to be availed and provided through online mode only.
Uttar Pradesh Factories terms for women workers in night shift
27 May, 2022The UP government lays down certain conditions to the employers of the Factories in Uttar Pradesh regarding the women workers employed in night shifts.
Authorities to inspect the Units and Establishments permitted to operate in Karnataka during COVID 19
08 Jun, 2021The permitted Units, Establishments of essential commodities, export oriented units, factories, boilers will have surprise inspections to check the standard operating procedures.