The Government of Uttarakhand due to COVID 19 pandemic, has extended the working hours in factories related to essential commodities and pharmaceutical manufacturers up to 12 hours in a day. This notification will be effective for a period of 60 days from the date of issue.
The notification exempts the provisions of Section 51 (weekly hour), Section 54 (daily hour), Section 55 (rest interval) and Section 56 (spread-over hours) subject to following conditions:
- In all the industries mentioned above, work can be done in two shifts of twelve to twelve hours per day for a production unit.
- Four hours per day of overtime shall be paid according to the rules
- Workers working in both these units will work maximum days in a week, and the limit of overtime will be twenty-four hours per week.
- The extension of work will be determined in such a way that every worker will be given thirty minutes rest after six hours.
- Employees shall not be laid off by the employer during this period.
- The labour commissioner will ensure that the said emergency provisions are not used by any factory continuously.
This notification will remain in effect for sixty days from the date of issue and it will be automatically neutralised after the said period.