Government of Telangana has notified exempting all the shops and establishments from the applicability of provision related to working hours of women between 8.30 P.M. to 6.00 A.M, subject to the prescribed conditions.
Telangana Government exempts the establishments to allow women employees to work in night shifts between 8.30 pm – 6.00 am under Ease of Doing Business, subject to the following conditions:
- Consent of women employees shall be obtained in writing to work in night shifts;
- The establishment shall provide transport facilities from the residence of the woman employee to the workplace and back, free of cost and with adequate security. Such transport facility shall have GPS for tracking and monitoring;
- Employment of women employee shall be on rotation basis;
- The safety and security measures shall include provision of shelter, rest rooms, lunch rooms, night crèches and ladies toilets, adequate protection of their privacy, dignity, honour and safety, protection from sexual harassment,employment of at least five (5) women employees together.
- The said relaxation shall not apply to a woman employee during the period of sixteen (16) weeks before and after her childbirth, of which at least eight (8) weeks shall be before the expected childbirth, and for such additional period, if any, as specified in the medical certificate stating that it is necessary for the health of the woman employee or her child.
- Adequate number of security guards shall be posted during night shift;
- Transport & Safety:
The establishment shall obtain Bio-data of each driver and conduct preemployment screening of the antecedents of all drivers employed.
- The Schedule of route of pick-up and drop shall be decided by the supervisory officer of the company only. In case of exigencies, change of drivers/ routes/shifts shall be allowed only with the prior knowledge of supervisory officers/employees;
- The personal details, particularly mobile phone numbers, email ID and address of the women employees shall not be disclosed to unauthorised persons;
- Careful selection of routes shall be made in such a way that no women employees shall be picked up first and dropped last;
- The company shall provide security guards at work place and night shift vehicles when women employees are being picked up first or dropped last;
- The designated supervisors of the company or service provider shall randomly check the vehicles on various routes as for as possible;
- The establishment shall have a control room/travel desk for monitoring movement of vehicles;
- The Company shall maintain the records and furnish returns as prescribed by the State Government within time.
- If any establishment fails to comply with the above conditions, it may lead to cancellation of the Registration Certificate and /or withdrawal of the above exemption in respect of such establishment.
- The exemption granted under this order may be revoked at any time without any prior notice.
Telangana State List of Holidays - 2023
15 Nov, 2022The Government of Telangana has released holiday list for the year 2023.
Holiday for Bye-Election in Telangana
01 Oct, 2022The Government of Telangana, on account of the Bye-Elections, declared a public holiday on 03 November 2022 in the area of 93-Munugode Assembly Constituency, Nalgonda, and Yadadri Bhuvanagiri districts.
Telangana declares 17 April 2021 as a public holiday in Nalagonda district for Bye-Election
06 Apr, 2021The Government of Telangana declares the 17 April 2021 as a public holiday in 87-Nagarjuna Sagar Assembly Constituency, Nalagonda District to enable the workers and employees cast their votes in the bye-election.