The Labour Department of Karnataka has published final notifications revising the rate of minimum wages for 8 scheduled employments effective from 28 July 2022.
Final notifications of 8 Scheduled Employments for which Minimum Wages have been revised are:
- Automobile Engineering (Production, Assembling, Body Building, Servicing and Repairing Works)
- Clay Pots, Ceramics Stoneware and other Allied Industries.
- Fish Catching, Fish Processing, Fish Peeling, Shrimp/Crab Processing and Frog Leg Exporting Industry.
- Foundry (including Machineries or Excluding Machine Shop) Industry.
- Security Agencies (Office Staff & security Staff & Including Industries).
- Employment in cleaning Toilets, Bathrooms, Scavenging of Under Water Drains (Excluding Urban Local Bodies & Panchayat Raj Works).
- Urban Local Bodies, Town & Village Panchayats.
- Veneer Industries.
Karnataka Corrigendum to Minimum Wages Rate Revision for Security Agencies
02 Sep, 2022The Karnataka Labour Department had notified revised rate of minimum wages vide notification dated 29.08.2022 for Employment in Security Agencies. As there were errors in the said Gazette Notification, the Department of Labour, Government of Karnataka has now published the corrigendum.
Karnataka Minimum Wages Rate Revision for Security Agencies
29 Aug, 2022Karnataka Labour Department has published the notification revising the minimum wages rate for security agencies.
Karnataka Sugar Industries Wages revised retrospectively
03 Aug, 2022Government of Karnataka notified revising the rates of wages in sugar industry for the period from 01.04.2018 to 31.03.2022 i.e., for the retrospective period of 4 years. As there was an error in the Gazette Notification dated 25.07.2022, the Department of Labour, has now published a corrigendum in its Gazette notification No. KaE 240 LWA 2018 dated 03.08.2022,with revised CPI to be read in Sl. No.4.0 – sub-para lines 3 & 4 as Rs.2.80/- instead of Rs.2.70/-.
Karnataka Govt withdraws deferment of VDA payment notification
18 Jun, 2022The Department of Labour, Government of Karnataka withdraws its notification on deferment of VDA payable under various Minimum Wage Notifications by employers for the period from 01.04.2020 to 31.03.2021.
Karnataka propose revised rates of Minimum Wages
19 Mar, 2022Karnataka Labour Department has published draft notifications proposing to revise the rates of Minimum Wages in 8 Scheduled Employments.