The Government of Maharashtra has introduced the Maharashtra Settlement of Arrears of Tax, Interest, Penalty or Late Fee Act, 2022 to provide for settlement of arrears under certain Acts, administered by the Goods and Services Tax Department.
This Act shall come into force from 01 April 2022.
Individuals or businesses can make the payment of arrears between 01 April 2022 to 30 September 2022.
Arrears determined by statutory order for a specified period as on 01 April, which are Rs. 10,000 or less per financial year shall be written off.
This shall be applicable to the following Acts:
- Central Sales Tax Act, 1956
- Bombay Sales of Motor Spirit Taxation Act, 1958
- Bombay Sales Tax Act, 1959
- Maharashtra Purchase Tax on Sugarcane Act, 1962
- Maharashtra State Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act, 1975
- Maharashtra Sales Tax on the Transfer of Right to use any Goods for any Purpose Act, 1985
- Maharashtra Tax on Entry of Motor Vehicles into Local Areas Act, 1987
- Maharashtra Tax on Luxuries Act, 1987
- Maharashtra Sales Tax on the Transfer of Property in Goods involved in the Execution of Works Contract (Re-enacted) Act, 1989
- Maharashtra Tax on the Entry of Goods into Local Areas Act, 2002
- Maharashtra Value Added Tax Act, 2002.
Maharashtra extends timeline to file Professional Tax returns
27 Apr, 2022The Maharashtra State Finance Department has published a notification extending the due date for filing the returns from 31 March 2022 to 31 May 2022.
Salient Features of Maharashtra Settlement of Arrears of Tax, Interest, Penalty or Late Fee Act, 2022
20 Apr, 2022The Commissioner of State Tax, Mumbai has issued a circular to explain the salient features of the Maharashtra Settlement of Arrears of Tax, Interest, Penalty or Late Fee Act, 2022.
Maharashtra extends filing of Professional Tax Annual Returns to 30 June 2021
17 Jun, 2021The Maharashtra Professional Tax Annual Returns shall be filed on or before 30 June 2021 on the website of [Maharashtra Goods and Services Tax Department](https://mahagst.gov.in/en).