The Government of Karnataka has released its final notification for the revised rate of minimum wages effective from 30 November 2022 for 15 scheduled employments.
The revised rate of minimum wages applicable to the following 15 scheduled employments:
- Aerated Water, Soft Drinks, including Mineral Water, & Fruit Juice production, related industries.
- Electronics, Electroplating industries
- Electronic industry employments
- Food Processing, Food Items packing, Ready Made Foods, Drinks, Spice industries
- Manufacture of Liquor, Breweries, Distilleries, Bottling of Liquor, packing
- Printing Press, Circulation
- Private Chit Funds excluding Legal Banking Cash Transactions
- Steel Almera, Chairs, Tables, and other Steel Furniture’s manufacturing
- Mini Cement industry
- Procurement of Milk, Storage, Processing, Distribution
- Ice Factory, Ice Cream, Cold Storage
- Domestic Helpers Childcare Assistants, Home Nurses
- Hostels, Guest Houses, Home Stays, Paying Guest, Service Apartments, Resident Associations, Marriage, Community Halls
- Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Ready Homeopathy, Allopathic Medications industry including production, distribution, advertisement
Karnataka Minimum Wages - January 2023
17 Jan, 2023The Government of Karnataka has notified the revised rate of minimum wages for the scheduled employments in Garment, Costumes and Tailoring Industry. This is effective from 17 January 2023.
Karnataka Minimum Wages Notification - January 2023
13 Jan, 2023The Government of Karnataka has notified the revised rate of minimum wages to scheduled employments in hospitals, maternity homes,nursing homes, clinics and addiction free centres.This is effective from 13 Jan 2023.
Karnataka Corrigendum to Minimum Wages Rate Revision for Security Agencies
02 Sep, 2022The Karnataka Labour Department had notified revised rate of minimum wages vide notification dated 29.08.2022 for Employment in Security Agencies. As there were errors in the said Gazette Notification, the Department of Labour, Government of Karnataka has now published the corrigendum.
Karnataka Minimum Wages Rate Revision for Security Agencies
29 Aug, 2022Karnataka Labour Department has published the notification revising the minimum wages rate for security agencies.
Karnataka Sugar Industries Wages revised retrospectively
03 Aug, 2022Government of Karnataka notified revising the rates of wages in sugar industry for the period from 01.04.2018 to 31.03.2022 i.e., for the retrospective period of 4 years. As there was an error in the Gazette Notification dated 25.07.2022, the Department of Labour, has now published a corrigendum in its Gazette notification No. KaE 240 LWA 2018 dated 03.08.2022,with revised CPI to be read in Sl. No.4.0 – sub-para lines 3 & 4 as Rs.2.80/- instead of Rs.2.70/-.
Revised Rate of Minimum Wages in Karnataka
28 Jul, 2022The Labour Department of Karnataka has published final notifications revising the rate of minimum wages for 8 scheduled employments effective from 28 July 2022.
Karnataka Govt withdraws deferment of VDA payment notification
18 Jun, 2022The Department of Labour, Government of Karnataka withdraws its notification on deferment of VDA payable under various Minimum Wage Notifications by employers for the period from 01.04.2020 to 31.03.2021.
Karnataka propose revised rates of Minimum Wages
19 Mar, 2022Karnataka Labour Department has published draft notifications proposing to revise the rates of Minimum Wages in 8 Scheduled Employments.