Karnataka Labour Department has published draft notifications proposing to revise the rates of Minimum Wages in 8 Scheduled Employments.
The proposed scheduled employments are:
- Automobile Engineering (Production, Assembling, Body Building, Servicing and Repairing Works), Gazette Notification dated 19.03.2022
- Clay Pots, Ceramics Stoneware and other Allied Industries, Gazette Notification dated 28.03.2022
- Fish Catching, Fish Processing, Fish Peeling, Shrimp/Crab Processing and Frog Leg Exporting Industry, Gazette Notification dated 23.03.2022
- Foundry (including Machineries or Excluding Machine Shop)
- Industry Gazette Notification dated 28.03.2022
- Security Agencies (Office Staff & security Staff & Including Industries) Gazette Notification dated 19.03.2022
- Employment in cleaning Toilets, Bathrooms, Scavenging of Under Water Drains (Excluding Urban Local Bodies & Panchayat Raj Works) Gazette Notification dated 12.01.2022
- Urban Local Bodies, Town & Village Panchayats dated 31.12.2021
- Veneer Industry Gazette Notification dated 28.03.2022
Suggestions and objections on the aforesaid notifications from the affected persons / industries / associations within two months from the date of its publication in the Gazette may be addressed to: The Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Labour, 4th Floor, Vikasa Soudha, Bengaluru – 560001.
Karnataka Corrigendum to Minimum Wages Rate Revision for Security Agencies
02 Sep, 2022The Karnataka Labour Department had notified revised rate of minimum wages vide notification dated 29.08.2022 for Employment in Security Agencies. As there were errors in the said Gazette Notification, the Department of Labour, Government of Karnataka has now published the corrigendum.
Karnataka Minimum Wages Rate Revision for Security Agencies
29 Aug, 2022Karnataka Labour Department has published the notification revising the minimum wages rate for security agencies.
Karnataka Sugar Industries Wages revised retrospectively
03 Aug, 2022Government of Karnataka notified revising the rates of wages in sugar industry for the period from 01.04.2018 to 31.03.2022 i.e., for the retrospective period of 4 years. As there was an error in the Gazette Notification dated 25.07.2022, the Department of Labour, has now published a corrigendum in its Gazette notification No. KaE 240 LWA 2018 dated 03.08.2022,with revised CPI to be read in Sl. No.4.0 – sub-para lines 3 & 4 as Rs.2.80/- instead of Rs.2.70/-.
Revised Rate of Minimum Wages in Karnataka
28 Jul, 2022The Labour Department of Karnataka has published final notifications revising the rate of minimum wages for 8 scheduled employments effective from 28 July 2022.
Karnataka Govt withdraws deferment of VDA payment notification
18 Jun, 2022The Department of Labour, Government of Karnataka withdraws its notification on deferment of VDA payable under various Minimum Wage Notifications by employers for the period from 01.04.2020 to 31.03.2021.