The working hours in the pharmaceutical factories are allowed to extend which shall not exceed 13 hours including the rest time on any day.
The Government of Maharashtra vide notification no. 3620/1 dated 24 May 2021, has allowed extended working hours of the pharmaceutical factories in Maharastra till 30 June 2021 subject to certain conditions listed here below, and accordingly exempted the provisions of Section 51 (weekly hours), Section 52 (weekly holidays), Section 54 (daily hours), Section 56 (spread over hours) for the factories.
- The working hours in a day shall not exceed twelve (12) hours.
- The working hours on any day shall not exceed thirteen (13) hours including rest time.
- The total working hours in any week shall not exceed sixty (60) hours.
- No workers shall be given continuous overtime work for seven (07) days in a row. The overtime hours in a quarter shall not exceed one hundred fifteen (115) hours).
- The overtime pay shall be paid at double the normal wage.
- The occupier of the factory shall be responsible to ensure that change in worker’s working hours do not affect their safety with reference to chemicals or other hazardous factories.
- The occupier of the factory shall take all necessary precautions to prevent the spread of corona virus.
- There shall be safe distance between the two workers during the manufacturing process in the factory with mandatory use of mask always.
The said relaxation period shall be effective and applicable till June 30, 2021.
Online Submission of Accidents Information in Maharashtra Factories
26 Aug, 2021The Manufacturers,Factory Occupiers, Managers of Maharashtra, should submit the accident details online in the manner prescribed.