The Bihar Labour Resource Department has issued a notification regarding application of provision of Apprentices Act, 1961.
Following are the key highlights of the notification, namely:
- Establishments having 30 or more workforce (including contractual staff) can engage apprentices within a band of 2.5% to 15%
- Introduction of optional trades with discretion to industry to design course, if required
- Dedicated apprenticeship portal (www.apprenticeship.gov.in) contains registrations, automated processes, online claims, processes, etc.
- Labour Law will not be applicable to Apprentices
- Offences and Penalties, wherein the fine of five hundred rupees per shortfall of apprenticeship month for first three months and thereafter one thousand rupees per month till such number of seats are filled up, in case the employer fails to reply the notice within the period specified under the Act.