This policy details the implementation of an Anti-discrimination Policy in order to firmly deal with discriminatory tactics, habits or practices followed by any employee or a group of employees, irrespective of their level/grade in the organisation.
This policy template is available for download in Word format.
With this Anti-discrimination Policy template, you can:
- Provide specific guidelines and recommendations on maintaining a cordial office atmosphere
- Provide specific procedural steps in case any discriminatory incidents have occurred or are still occurring
- Initiate actions to prevent discrimination
- Address discrimination complaints and closure
In just a few minutes, you will be able to create an Anti-discrimination Policy.
This policy covers rules to be followed with respect to:
- Interpretation of the policy and process
- What denotes discrimination and harassment
- What to do in cases of discrimination
- Roles and responsibilities of both the management and employees in implementing the guidelines
The objective of the anti-discrimination policy is to provide guidelines to prevent discrimination and protect our employees, candidates, customers and stakeholders from offensive and harmful behaviors. This policy supports our overall commitment to create a safe and secure workplace for everyone.
Scope and Applicability
This policy applies to all employees, contractors, visitors, customers and stakeholders.
Policy / Process
Discrimination is any negative action, attitude or polarisation directed towards a person or group/s of people because of their individual characteristics or preferences of life. The Company strongly believes that every person has the right to life, survive, compete, earn and excel in everything they do.
Discrimination of a person or a group/s of people happens when one person or a group of persons show unreasonable bias to another person or group of persons because of their:
- Ethnicity / nationality
- Disability / medical history
- Marriage / civil partnership
- Pregnancy / maternity/ paternity
- Gender identity / sexual orientation
- Political affiliations
- Social status
< Company Name Here > does not tolerate any kind of such discrimination that creates a hostile and unpleasant working environment for its employees or recruits.
Actions to Prevent Discrimination
To ensure that our conduct and processes are fair and lawful, we:
- Use inclusive language in job ads
- Set formal job-related criteria to hire, promote and reward team members
- Offer compensation and benefits according to skills, position, seniority, qualifications and performance
- Create equal employment opportunities
- Conduct regular training on Anti-Discimination policies and procedures
Procedures to Manage Discrimination Cases
- Any employee who feels or suspects being consistently discriminated by any employee, including Reporting Manager, may approach HR and discuss the same with them
- Any employee who suspects that others are being discriminated against should approach HR.
- Employees are encouraged to provide any proof or witnesses, if any, of such discrimination such as document, painting, cartoons, writings, messages, recordings, posters, images, etc.
- HR has the responsibility to investigate the issue and determine the outcome of such cases and to take appropriate action.
- The Company reserves the right to call an accused employee for hearing and investigations into the allegations.
- Employees under investigation should not create an even more hostile atmosphere against the accused or victim within or outside of Company premises, but try to understand the spirit of the policy.
- Employees found to jocularly or sub-consciously indulge in discriminatory activities which can be considered as mild in nature or a one-off incident, will undergo counselling session(s) by HR
- Employees found to continue or deliberately discriminate against their colleagues, candidates, recruits or associates will go through the Company’s disciplinary process resulting in reprimand, demotion or termination of employment contract, depending on the severity of their offence.
Special Circumstance and Exception
Any Deviation from this policy has to be approved by Management. Any change to the policy has to be approved by HR.
Non-compliance and Consequence
Violation of this policy is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.