The Government of Telangana through notification No. G.O.Ms.No. 4 dated 28.01.2020 has amended rule 61-N of the Telangana Factories Rules, 1950 as stated here below:
- All workers should be mandatorily provided with Personal Protective Equipments (PPEs) as prescribed under the Act and Rules conforming to relevant National Standard.
- The Occupiers shall instruct the workers to use such PPEs and maintain them in proper working conditions.
- The Occupiers shall not charge the workers for provisions of such PPEs.
The various types of PPEs to which this rule shall extend for use in factories are:
safety goggles and spectacles,
equipment for eye and face protection during welding,
gloves and protective clothing,
ear protection when exposed to noise,
respiratory protection and
other appropriate protective equipment based on the nature of hazardous work which shall include
- safety harnesses with independently secured lifelines where protection against falls cannot be provided by other appropriate means.
- Life vests and life preserves where there is a danger of falling into the water.
- Distinguishing clothing or reflective devices or otherwise conspicuously visible material when there is regular exposure to danger from moving vehicles.
For notification click here.