The Goa Government has declared public holiday on 14 February 2022 being the polling day for the General Elections in the Goa Legislative Assembly, 2022, throughout the State of Goa.
The public holiday is granted to all the following establishments, namely:
- Industrial workers of the State of Goa
- Daily wage workers of the Government Departments and State Government Industrial Departments
- Commercial and industrial workers of private establishments in the State of Goa
- All private establishments;
- Daily wage/Casual workers employed in any business, trade industrial undertakings or any other establishments.
Paid holiday on 10 Aug 2023 in Goa for general election
26 Aug, 2022On account of general elections, Goa government has declared 10 August 2023 as a paid holiday throughout the State of Goa.
The Goa Shops and Establishments (Amendment) Act, 2021
20 Sep, 2021The Goa Shops and Establishments (Amendment) Act, 2021 which has been passed by the Legislative Assembly of Goa on 30-07-2021 and assented to by the Governor of Goa on 20-09-2021, is hereby published for the general information of the public.
It shall come into force on such date as the Government may by notification in the
Official Gazette, appoint.