The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes has notified that with effect from the 01 April 2022, every employer liable to be registered under the Karnataka Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments Act, 1976 shall submit an application for a certificate of registration, electronically through internet in the prescribed manner.
Every such person shall open the website http.//pt.kar.nic.in and proceed to submit the application by entering the following details:
- Legal Name of Employer
- Permanent Account Number or Tax Deduction Account Number or Tax Collection Account Number of the Employer
- Trade Name; if any
- Constitution of Profession, Trade, etc
- Nature of the Profession, Trade, etc
- Full postal address and telephone Nos. of the main place of work
- Full postal address and telephone Nos. of the additional place/s of work
- Aadhaar No. of Authorised Signatory (Optional)
- Name of the Authorised Signatory
- Mobile No. of Authorised Signatory
- Status of person signing this form – Proprietor-1, Partner-2, Principal Officer3, Agent-4, Manger-5, Director-6, Secretary-7, Others (specify)-8
- Photograph of Authorised Signatory
- Enrolment No. under Profession Tax Act
- Goods and Services Tax No. (GSTIN)
- KST/CST/Any other Registration or License Number
- Date of Commencement of Trade, Profession
- Number of Employees
- Scanned Documents (i) Photograph of Proprietor, Partner, Director, Authorised Person; (ii) Constitutions of Business: Registration of Incorporation, Deed of Partnership
- firm, Registration Certificate etc. as applicable; (iii) Proof of Principal Place of Business
- Consent (if option of verification by Aadhaar is exercised).
After entering the Permanent Account Number or Tax Deduction Account Number or Tax
Collection Account Number, the legal name and constitution will be validated from the
CBDT data base.
The person shall then proceed to enter the details and upload the require documents.
Thereafter, the authorized signatory or proprietor may enter his/her Aadhaar No. One
Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the registered mobile number and after providing
the said OTP, the name will be validated from the Unique Identity Authority of India
(UIDAI) data base. If the option of verification by Aadhaar is not exercised an OTP will be sent to the mobile number provided in the application and it shall be entered and mobile number shall be validated. Thereafter, submit the application once the validation is successful. The computer would generate a registration certificate with a unique number.
The username and password will be communicated to the registered mobile number
through the computer system.
Karnataka extends Professional Tax filing For April and May 21
26 Apr, 2021The Government of Karnataka with The Karnataka Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings, and Employments (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2021 made an extension to the Professional Tax Return Filing.
Karnataka Extends Dues Date for Professional Tax Annual Return and Payment to 30 June 2021
26 Apr, 2021The annual return and payment filing of Karnataka State Professional Tax is further extended to 30 June 2021.