As the Field Offices are receiving requests from the employers to modify the ECRs, the EPFO has come up with solutions for their respective issues:
- Issue of Incorrect month or year was mentioned in ECR- In the EPFO application, ECR Revision has been provided to revise ECRs where month and year needs to be changed. This can be done only if there is no settlement and no PMRPY beneficiary exists.
- Incorrect UAN mentioned in ECR/Double TRRN for the same month- The EPFO has provided Application Version 5.36 for the PF field offices to reject ECRs or adjust amount or refund the amount to the employer.
- Double Payment made by employer for same month using different TRRN- The EPFO has stated that the Unified Portal has already taken steps to refund the amount to the employer directly to their bank account.
- Double Payment paid by employer against same TRRN and wants to get refund- The EPFO has stated that the Unified Portal has already taken steps to refund the amount to the employer directly to their bank account.
- To refund the amount against amount paid in misc. option- The EPFO has stated that currently misc. payments and receipts are being managed by the PF field offices, manually. Hence, the PF field offices may refund the amount to the employer after verifying the details by preparing a cheque. Against this cheque, misc. payment entry in the application software may be made. In the future, PF Field office may also opt to adjust the amount against the future TRRN using Establishment VDR.
For more details, view the official notification here.